Welcome to our FAQ. Find here the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
If you didn't find what you were looking for, please don't hesitate to contact us per email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +31 20 244 38 61. We will be happy to help you!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
→ General questions:
- I lost my password. How can I get it back?
- How do I modify my personal information?
- How do you collect, use, and protect personal data?
- Are my name and other personal data shared with other users and providers?
- Can I download my data?
- Can I delete my account?
- How do you select the providers on Parentally?
- How do you display the results on the Search results page?
- Where do the providers' reviews come from?
- How are the consultations delivered?
- The consultation did not go as planned (delay, no-show, dissatisfaction, etc.): what can I do?
- What is the Parentally Facebook community and how can I join?
- Information about COVID 19
- How can I join the helpdesk? What are the business hours?
→ Your questions as a User:
- How much does it cost to use Parentally as a(n) (expectant) parent?
- How can I get in touch with a provider?
- Can a Provider contact me?
- How can I pay for a service?
- When am I charged for a consultation/service?
- How can I get the invoice for a consultation?
- Can I modify or cancel a booking?
- Can my consultation be reimbursed by my insurance?
→ Your questions as a Provider:
- How can I become a Provider on Parentally?
- How and when am I informed of a booking request?
- Can I cancel or modify a booking?
- How and when do I get paid for a consultation?
- Can I pause/stop my subscription?
- Can I contact users of the platform?
→ GENERAL QUESTIONS
1. I lost my password. How can I get it back?
If you lose your password, you can choose a new one. To do so, please click on “Login” at the top of the page, a pop-up window will show up. On this window, click on the “Forgot your password?” link. Enter your email address and you will receive an email with instructions to reset your password (make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t find our email in your mailbox.)
If you face any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
2. How do I modify my personal information?
You can modify your personal information by logging into your account with your email address and password. Once logged in, click on your name at the top of the page to view the drop-down menu. Click on “My Profile” and from there, make the modifications you want using the menu on the left. Click the green button “Save” for the modifications to be taken into account.
3. How do you collect, use, and protect personal data?
4. Are my name and other personal data shared with other users and providers?
You can download your data by following the instructions in our users guide “How to use Parentally”.
6. Can I delete my account?
If you want to delete your account, you can easily do so by following the instructions in our “How to use Parentally” users guide.
7. How do you select the providers on Parentally?
To learn more about how we select our providers on Parentally, please read our dedicated page “How we select Providers.”
8. How do you display the results on the Search results page?
The results displayed on the Search results page are identified by our engine based on the criteria you have entered. The listings appear in a random order so as not to favor a provider over another. This order is updated at regular intervals. Same goes for the Category pages where listings are also featured in a random order.
9. Where do the providers’ reviews come from?
Right after a consultation is delivered, users are able to leave a review to the provider. The provider is also able to review a user, although this is more rarely done. Reviews consist of a rating (up to 5 stars) and a comment. They are moderated by our team and must comply with our General Terms and Conditions. We strongly encourage users to leave honest and constructive reviews that can help other parents find out if a provider is suitable for their needs. We reserve the right to remove any review that would not be compliant with our rules.
10. How are the consultations delivered?
Consultations can be delivered in 3 different ways:
- In person at their office
- In person at your home
- Via video consultation
The type of consultation is defined by the provider. You can view which type of consultations a provider is offering by clicking on their Listing page. Types of consultations are specific to services. Please make sure to check a service description to know in which way it can be delivered. Then discuss with the provider how you would like the service delivered if there are several options. You can refer to our step-by-step guidelines in our “How to use Parentally” user guide to learn more about how to use our platform.
11. The consultation did not go as planned (delay, no-show, dissatisfaction, etc.) What can I do?
There are some reasons why a consultation can go the wrong way: one person being late or not showing up, technical issues, or a service that did not match your expectations. For these situations we offer you the possibility to open a mediation. To do so, go to your Booking details page and scroll to the bottom to click on the button “Open a mediation.” You will be given the opportunity to describe the issue at hand and your desired outcome. Our team will review the request, investigate, and get back to you shortly to find a solution that is acceptable for both parties.
12. What is the Parentally Facebook community and how can I join?
The Parentally Facebook community is a private group allowing you to ask questions, share experience, and discuss with a community of fellow expectant and new parents. It is a valuable source of information and support for those looking for natural ways to prepare, heal, and feel better during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and the first years of parenthood.
13. Information about COVID 19
To read the latest guidelines and updates on COVID 19, please visit the government website. Whenever possible we recommend online video consultations over in-person consultations. When meeting your client/provider, please respect all government mandated measures, such as: wearing a face mask, washing your hands, not shaking hands, keeping 1,5m distance if no contact is required, sneezing and coughing in your elbow and using disposable paper tissues. In case of potential COVID symptoms, please follow the rules.
14. How can I join the helpdesk? What are the business hours?
You can contact the helpdesk for technical support and in order to report an incident by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at the following phone number: (020) 244 38 61. We are open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00, except on Wednesday: 09:00 to 12:00 only and will do our best to respond as soon as possible, and in any case within 48 business hours.
→ YOUR QUESTIONS AS A USER
1. How much does it cost to use Parentally as a(n) (expectant) parent?
Using Parentally as a future or new parent is FREE. You can browse the website, do searches, create your account, book services and use all the features of the platform for free.
2. How can I get in touch with a provider?
You need to have an account to be able to get in touch with a provider via the platform. To create an account and get in touch with a provider, please refer to the step-by-step guidelines in our “How to use Parentally” user guide.
A Provider can only get in touch with you if you initiate contact or place a booking request.
4. How can I pay for a service?
You can conveniently and securely pay online by using a credit card: Visa, Mastercard or CB. Other methods of payment should be available soon as we continue to develop and improve our platform. Payments are processed by Stripe Connect, a well-known and reliable payment service provider. If you prefer, you can choose to pay directly with the provider by getting in touch with them. But you won’t be able to book the service on our platform or further use our features such as video consultation.
5. When am I charged for a consultation/service?
To book a consultation with a provider, you need to place a booking request and validate its payment. However, you are only charged once the consultation is accepted by the provider.
6. How can I get the invoice for a consultation?
The invoice is issued by the Provider themselves. Please get in touch with your Provider to get the invoice for your consultation.
7. Can I cancel or modify a booking?
You can cancel a consultation according to the cancellation policy set individually by each provider. Modifying a booking is unfortunately not possible once the booking is paid and confirmed. However, you can choose to cancel the booking and place a new one according to the provider’s cancellation policy. Please refer to our “How to use Parentally” user guide to learn more about the cancellation process.
8. Can my consultation be reimbursed by my insurance?
Whether your consultation can or can not be reimbursed depends on your type of insurance and coverage. Always contact your health insurance before booking an appointment if you would like to know if the consultation costs will be covered or not.
→ YOUR QUESTIONS AS A PROVIDER
1. How can I become a Provider on Parentally?
We’re happy to hear you are considering joining as a Provider! Joining is easy, just refer to our guidelines on our "How to join as a Provider" page.
2. How and when am I informed of a booking request?
Once a booking request has been placed for one of your services, you will receive an email with the details of this request. You will have to answer this request by accepting or declining it within 48 hours or less, by clicking on the link in the email or by logging into your account and going to [Listings]. Please note that letting booking requests unanswered will have a negative impact on your ranking in search results pages. Declining however will have no impact. Therefore, we always recommend you to answer bookings, whether you accept or decline them.
3. Can I cancel or modify a booking?
You can freely decline any booking request you receive. However, once you accept a booking request, it appears as "Paid" on the Bookings page. This means the Client has already been charged for the service and the pay-out to your bank account is on hold until the service is delivered. To cancel this Booking, you will need to open a Mediation so we can proceed to the refund of the client.
4. How and when do I get paid for a consultation?
After a consultation/service is delivered, we leave a window of 72 hours open for any of the party to open a mediation in case of an issue (for instance: delay, no show, technical issue, dissatisfaction). Past this window, you will receive the amount of the consultation by wire transfer to your bank account within approximately 10 days, if there is no ongoing dispute..
5. Can I pause/stop my subscription?
As a provider, you can choose to pause your subscription at any time, effective end of the month. When you choose to pause your account, we still keep your data but your listing is not visible anymore and you have 6 months to reactivate your subscription. Past the 6 months, your account will be deleted permanently. You can also choose to directly delete your account. However, please note that this action is permanent and irreversible.
6. Can I contact users of the platform?
You will not be able to contact a User on the platform unless they have contacted you via the built-in messenger feature or if they have placed a booking request for one of your services. You will also have access to their email address and phone number once you accept the booking request.