Birth preparation courses - MONDAY - 5 meets of - 2h
Birth Preparation Courses
[In Amsterdam Rivierenbuurt] The courses are offered on Mondays over 5 weekly courses, including Wom...
[In Amsterdam Rivierenbuurt] The courses are offered on Mondays over 5 weekly courses, including Woman's Social Class and Postnatal reunion at Robbeburg International Playground, Jekkerstaat 84, 1078 MG Amsterdam from 19:40 to 21:40.
COURSES AND REFERENCE DATES
* K277: Monday - September 27, October 4, 11, 18, ( women’s class ) 25.
* K282: Monday - November 8, 15, 22, 29, ( women’s class ) December 6.
* K285: Monday - December 13, 20, January 10, 17 ( women’s class ) 24.
They are designed to provide the opportunity to explore a wide range of issues surrounding pregnancy, labour and early parenting, in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. We offer a mixture of information-sharing, discussion and practical skills. You and your partner will have input into the content of the course which is designed around your needs.
While the full Child Preparation Course is for couples, one session per course is just for the women. This is a social class with the emphasis very much on establishing friendships and building support networks. On this occasion the partners are encouraged to make arrangements for their own social evening to exchange their experiences as dad's to be.
* Late pregnancy; ailments and coping strategies.
* Giving birth in the Netherlands; the Dutch Maternity Services.
* Three stages of labour; what is happening physically.
* Positions for labour and how partners can help.
* When to call the midwife.
* Pain relief; options and implications.
* Relaxation, breathing and massage techniques.
* Assisted deliveries, induction and caesarean birth.
* Life with a new baby.
* Birth Plans/Preferences.
When: Mondays 19:40 - 21:40
Where: Robbeburg International Playground, Jekkerstaat 84, 1078 MG Amsterdam
Cost: €325 per couple per course (inclusive 21% VAT + Reunion)
Please contact me fore more info and availability before booking. I look forward to hearing from you!